- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 400g sprouted chickpeas (see my info page for how to sprout)
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 4 tsp tahini
- 4 tblsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 tblsp tamari (or use regular soy sauce)
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
You’ll also need:
- A food processor and a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Grind to a powder using a spice grinder or crush using a mortar and pestle.
- Whizz the chickpeas, cumin, garlic, tahini,coriander, lemon juice, tamari and olive oiltogether in a food processor so that it forms a paste. Taste and add salt and/or additional lemon juice or tamari if it’s to your taste. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper if you like.
- You can also try making sprouted hummus with parsley and black olive – just replace the cumin, coriander and garlic with some flat leaf parsley and black olives.
- Dip for around 4 people