Rhonda’s raw burritos. Instead of using meat and cheese, try this healthier, tastier version of a Southwestern classic! Eat more greens for burrito lovers.
* 2 cups ripe avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
* 1 small ripe tomato (finely chopped)
* 2 scallions OR 2 Tbsp red onion (minced)
* ¼ cup fresh mint (minced)
* 1 Tbsp sweet bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
* 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (minced)
* ½ tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
* ½ tsp cumin
* ½ tsp powdered kelp (optional)
* ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
* 4 large cabbage or romaine lettuce leaves
1. Combine all above ingredients in a bowl except for the cabbage or romaine leaves.
2. To make burritos, spoon equal amounts of avocado mixture onto the leaves.
3. Roll up leaves, secure with a toothpick, and serve with a raw soup or salad.