The improvement of arterial function on a whole food, plant-based diet appears so pronounced that cardiac patients can achieve a 90% reduction in angina attacks.
Wait a second, though. The Ornish program involves a number of other healthy lifestyle interventions such as exercise. How do we know it was the diet? That’s precisely the topic of my next video, Plant-Based Treatment for Angina.
What would happen if instead of going on a plant-based diet, you went on a low carb diet? You don’t want to know. But if you do, here you go: Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow.
In my last video I covered the green tea angle. If you missed it, check out Tea and Artery Function.
What effects might other foods have? See:
- Eggs and Arterial Function
- Walnuts and Artery Function
- Dark Chocolate and Artery Function
- Coffee and Artery Function
- Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function
- Olive Oil and Artery Function